Friday 7 October 2011

Friday Night Video: Debbie Denise

Jai singh | 19:42 | | |
The first rock album I personally owned, as I recall. And still my favorite of all time, to this very day.

Some comments on this, left at it's YouTube homesite...


Extraordinary album. The only 'metal' band who 'got' the post-punk AND singer-songwriter sensibilities of the mid to late 70s. Arguably, the most under-rated rock album ever made. A genuinely authentic and emotionally honest record. A wonderful record, and one that moved me away from 'genres' to cultivating an ear for great songwriting.

This gem was written and sang by Albert Bouchard (Drummer). His brother Joe Bouchard (Bass Player) wrote and sang the gem "Morning final".. Keyboardist Allen Lanier was a long time romantic partner of Patti Smith. Debbie Denise is the title of a poem written by Patti Smith.

This is one of the greatest songs ever written. So classic of a melody, and sung very sincerely. This song single-handedly changed my opinion of BOC way up a million notches. Listen on headphones a must. Love the Mellotron track. Love this tune. can't stress that enough. I wish bands where still making music like this, I'd be a happier man for certain. "I was out rollin' with my band!!" FANTASTIC...

All's I can add is, goes very will with a Cuervo Gold margarita enhanced with just a splash of triple-orange Cognac brandy. On the rocks and well-salted, of course.

But fuck the lime, really.


Oh! Almost forgot... Debbie, and Denise.

Debbie Sath

Denise Milani
Rock on~!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

Search

Pages

Powered by Blogger.